Tennis Elbow, or tennis elbow, is a repetitive stress injury where tendons on the skin of the elbow have been damaged. These tendons connect a number of the hand and forearm muscles to the arm.
Causes of Tennis Elbow :
- Excessive pressure on nervus.
- Lack of strength or flexibility within the forearm muscles.
- Lack of strength within the shoulder muscles.
- Instability of the cubitus.
- Poor technique during sporting activities (especially court game and golf) that puts an excessive amount of strain on the cubitus.
- Inappropriate sporting instrumentality, such as using a significant tennis racket or having the wrong sized grip on a tennis racket or golf club.
- Repetitive movements of the hands and arms, such as engaged on AN assembly line.
- Continuously creating the muscles and joint take significant masses.
- Other factors such as neck symptoms or nerve irritation.
Symptoms of Tennis Elbow :
The most common symptom of epicondylitis is pain on the outer aspect of the elbow and down the forearm. you may have pain all the time or only if you elevate things. The elbow might also swell, get red, or feel warm to the bit. And it’s going to hurt to grip things, flip your hand, or swing your arm. Elbow Pain Symptoms
- Pain is worse when shaking hands or compressing objects.
- Dull ache when at rest.
- Pain ahead or behind the ear on the affected aspect.
- Pain when creating a manus (golfer’s elbow).
- Pain when opening the fingers (tennis elbow).
- Soreness around the affected elbow bump.
- Difficulties and pain when attempting to know objects, especially with the arm extended.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tennis Elbow :
According to ayurveda this is a pitta vitiation which will result in vata kopa and results in difficulty in movements, depending upon the condition pitta predominance vary, in acute cases mainly pitta get vitiated and results in kapha and vata vitiation, this condition can easily be treated with special external treatments and internal medicines ,in chronic conditions due to kapha involvement it can take some time .in both cases the main line of treatment includes increasing circulation and reducing degeneration along with rejuvenation of destroyed muscle fibbers. Ayurveda clearly indicates treatment modalities for this condition without surgery or corticosteroid injections, Ayurveda treat the root cause of this condition; special internal medicines along with local external sudative treatment modalities assure maximum long standing results without any complications. Depending upon the time, duration and intensity treatment days vary.